After a narrow loss in week 1, this week our heroes look to pick themselves up and grab their first win of pre-season against North Melbourne Athletic. Simone Peacock reports"
“There’s a lot to be said about the effects of pressure. Some relish in it, others crumble.
Today we didn’t necessarily come across strong competition but up until half time the scores were nil all. What changed between halves were a few interchanges and today’s reporter (aka myself) going to collect a note book and pen and plant myself on the bench with the lads. From that point on 4 key things happened
1. Alex McInnes started kicking on target and bagged a brace. His two goals were like watching party tricks as he embarrassed the opposition who outnumbered him 2 to 1. This was our golden boot winner of 2017 and if he keeps this up history might just repeat itself.
2. Mike Fuller wanted to show the lads he’s back and scored a ripper. He’ll tell you he beat 4 players but truth is an assist from Alex allowed Mike to turn his player inside out and score bottom right corner. No goalkeeper was going to stop that. Question remains wether he can get his body right this season?
3. Shaun Risse proved he still has the skills, assisting two of the five goals and scored a penalty.
4. New comer Ben Loveland will make the spot for midfielders harder to gain this year as he showed poise, control and some notable accurate passes that helped the onslaught of the opponents defence from the Barnstomeworth attack.
5. New boy Kris O’Brian bagged himself a goal to open his Barnstoneworth account ahead of the season!
Final Score: Barnstoneworth 5-0 North Melbourne Athletic”
This leaves us with a much healthier looking league table as seen below along with the fixtures for the next couple of weeks for those who want to see football played at its best.